Sunday, January 11, 2009

Numb Fingers

I have been having chest pains on and off for the past week and a half. Not sure if it's anxiety or if I'm actually suffering from some ailment. To be honest, there has been a lot on mind and I am having a hard time verbalizing what I feel. It's a mixture of things - some good and some bad. I never seem to find the time to practice guitar, read a book, finish a project. Most of my time is spent at work and when I come home it's to make dinner, clean, and maybe watch a little TV with my husband. There are two things that I truly look forward to on the weekends: my yoga class and my guitar lessons. They both provide a moment of clarity - therapy.

I'm making a reservation for Dave and I to attend a Valentine's Day Stretch and Massage Workshop at the yoga studio. Something different, breaking away from the usual dinner at some restaurant where we would spend $100 anyway. This could be interesting and funny. I just want to spend time with my husband that doesn't require sitting in front of a TV or across a table. Today we played "Let It Be" as a duet, Dave on piano and me on guitar. My fingers were sore from my guitar class earlier, but I enjoyed it, numb fingers and all. Plus, it's almost like a supplement to my regular class. He knows how and when to kick my ass.

I know things will fall into place as soon as I get a plan together. Time is available - I just need to organize my schedule. Classes start soon, so I need to take advantage of this mini-vacation. Anyway, this is a start...more work needs to be done. There are still some issues, drama mainly, that need to be dealt with, but not now.

- Yeye

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your year and mine are starting out on similarly wobbly legs. Here's hoping both hit a nicer stride by February...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally weird, I've been having anxiety chest pains as well for a couple of months.. What with all this economic mess, and general stress of life, it's hardly a wonder why.. STill, once it grabs hold the only thing that eases it at all is alcohol.. It's funny how in the end we all become walking cliches..

    ReplyDelete