Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Aaahhh! Heat! Loving it!

Sitting in my office right now finding it very difficult to complete a literary translation. It's boring - plain and simple.

Purchased my tickets today for Puerto Rico. It's nice to have something to look forward to-home cooked meal, coconut and guava desserts, palm trees, beach-especially when it's your family and friends. Soon it will be time to seriously search for a job and God only knows when will be my next visit to the island. Not fair at all. However, I'm grateful and happy that I will have this opportunity.

My gandparents haven't been doing well. This time it was my grandmother's turn. She was in the hospital over the weekend with some type of virus. As usual, I do not find out about these things unless I ask. She refrains from telling me, so that I don't worry. I'm always worrying. They are both in their 80's and slowing down. She doesn't cook much, so she relies on fast food or very simple foods that don't provide much nutrition. So, one of my goals is to go food shopping and prepare some meals for them. Actually, it was my grandmother's request. Just amazes me how roles are switched.

Good night!

- Yeye

No comments:

Post a Comment