Saturday, January 17, 2009

All Smiles...For Now Anyway

Well, another week has come and gone. 4 more paychecks...my countdown. I am feeling very optimistic, however those who call me at work would probably disagree as I am usually in a bad mood when I answer the phone (result of boredom). Some may consider my bad mood as my natural state of being, others well, they just know me. As I mentioned, I'm feeling optimistic, and not only because we have a new president, but I have many things to look forward to. The main one being my termination with Olympus and beginning a new chapter in my life. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Although I may not know it at the time, something I do today may or will have an effect tomorrow (or weeks, months, years later). For instance, last summer I decided to leave the NYU Translation Studies Program: 1. Too expensive 2. Very limited interaction between students and instructor 3. my company had announced lay-offs, which now gave me the opportunity to seek the translation program at Hunter College. Not only is it cheaper, but I have the classroom experience, the opportunity to network, and I will complete the program in May - fingers crossed.

So, what else? Well, despite all the doom and gloom news about the economy and unemployment rates, most of my ex-coworkers have managed to find new jobs...and good jobs, too. I am very hopeful. Also, Dave has found a solution to his College Algebra problem - his dad. This means he will continue pursuing a degree in Physics, not cool off too much and be able to get a grip on his math anxieties, which lowers my anxiety as well.

Anyway, the drama lama will not cease to follow me around since I do come from a crazy Puerto Rican family (that's a whole other blog and a half), but at least I can concentrate and focus on what really matters at this time. I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be a nervous wreck and huge stress ball cursing up a storm like a drunken sailor about my translation classes, but for now I will continue to meditate, do yoga, try to eat healthy, crochet and fill myself with the things I love to do and be around the people I love.

Off to the movies I go...hasta la pasta.

- Yeye

1 comment: